When you hire Mike Beato, you get an award-winning creative professional who never stops thinking how to do things better – and smarter. On time. On budget. With no surprises.
His job title? Consultant, adviser, educator, mentor, social media expert, information architect, technology analyst, futurist… to name just a few.
So if you’ve got a communication technology challenge that you want to discuss, give him a call at (716) 462-5850 or send an email and he’ll take a look.
He can probably help you — whether you end up as a client or not.
Mike Beato is currently president of Beato Enterprises Inc., a technology communications company that designs and develops web sites and other innovative digital solutions for businesses.
- Mike started his business career in 1978 as a systems analyst at the Eastman Kodak Company in Rochester, New York. As a team member of Kodak’s International Photographic Division, Mike’s responsibilities took him to many countries in Europe, Latin America and the Far East, working on software development, needs analysis, and user training related to the sales and marketing of Kodak products overseas.
- Mike left Kodak in 1986 and moved to Buffalo, where he took a year-long consulting assignment at a Western New York advertising agency. He helped the ad agency shift their way of doing business to electronic design and publishing.
- In 1987, Mike joined a business start-up called AdWorks, a new state-of-the-art ad agency. After a year as Systems Manager, Mike was promoted to General Manager.
- Mike left AdWorks in 1989 to start his own technology consulting business. His focus was to help other firms take advantage of wide-ranging and fast-changing technology in their business communications.
- Mike has been on Buffalo, New York’s Canisius College adjunct faculty since 1998, teaching classes in the Communication and Leadership and Digital Media Arts programs. Mike has also taught Digital Presentations at the University at Buffalo.
- Originally from Fairport, New York, Mike received a degree in Information Systems Management from Buffalo State College.
- Mike is married and the father of two sons. He’s an active runner, participating in races ranging from 5K to marathon distances.
Awards and Achievements
Completed the 2011 University at Buffalo Citizens Police Academy, studying University Police operations. Topics included fire and first aid, emergency dispatch, bike patrol, crime scene investigation, recruiting, hands-on training in defensive tactics and a patrol ride-along. More about my experience.
Mike has earned a Gold 2010 Phidippides Award from the USA Track and Field organization. This USATF award was inspired by the historic masters runner, Phidippides, and is awarded to members over the age of 40 through their participation in road races throughout the year.
Mike is on the Board of Trustees for the Christ the King Seminary in East Aurora, New York.
In 1996, Mike was named the David I. Levy Communicator of the Year by the Professional Communicators of Western New York (now The Advertising Club of Buffalo). This prestigious award is given annually to honor the recipient for a distinguished record of achievement in communications.
In September 1998, Mike joined the Canisius College faculty in Buffalo as an adjunct professor in the Communications Studies Department. He teaches a graduate-level communication technology course in the Organizational Communication and Development graduate program.