Can you have too much white space in your graphic design? I doubt it! This is an excellent example of using white space on a billboard design. The Louis C.K. HBO special is the ONLY ad I actually remember from Times Square!
Archive | Design RSS feed for this section
Upgrading to Apple Aperture 3.4 is causing crashes for some users. Here’s how to fix it.
Facebook now supports higher-resolution photos and also offers a “full screen” mode to display them.
Global smartphone penetration is 27% as of November 2011. Continued upside potential for design and development of mobile website and apps.
When Speaker John Boehner announced that a deal was reached to raise the nation’s debt ceiling, he issued what’s being called a “PowerPoint document” to summarize the framework. Setting aside the merits of the content, the presentation design was awful.
My old website had three major flaws: (1) the content was always old, (2) it had lousy SEO stats; (3) it poorly communicated my business capabilities. I fixed all three by switching from a custom website design to a total blogging platform.
Sometimes an image is too big for a single PowerPoint slide. Rather than shrink it down or just divide it up, here’s how to spread the image across multiple slides and smoothly animate its appearance. This is a very effective way to present graphic information in a timeline.
It’s well known that Steve Jobs loves music. If he were a runner, he’d no doubt listen to an iPod as he ran around Palo Alto. And if he wore an iPod, he’d certainly use his own company’s Apple-branded earphones. But Steve Jobs must not be a runner. Why do I say that? Because the [...]
Mike Beato combines expertise in creative website design, technical skills, information architecture, productivity and future thinking as a consultant, speaker and blogger.
- Super Simple 2-Hole Punch Filing System
- Showing Mac OSX Lion Finder's Missing Status Bar
- How to create a custom iPhone web page icon
- Beato.com - Technology consulting, social media expertise, creative solutions
- How to Create a Mac OSX Lion Recovery Disk
- How to customize your outgoing Gmail email address
- DIY MobileMe Alternative for Syncing Contacts and Calendar
- How to fix Aperture 3.4 upgrade crashing
- How To Fix Outlook 2011 for Mac Slow IMAP Access
- Window Zoom Shortcut for Mac Word 2011
Mike Beato (mikebeato)
Technology, innovation and communications consultant. Early adopter and promoter of productivity tools. Marathoner.