My check-in at the Holiday Inn Arlington at Ballston brought unwelcome news. Because of Hurricane Irene two weeks before, the hotel needed work on their electrical system the next day — with the power off in the hotel from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. on a Saturday! The hotel made no attempt to contact me before I showed up. They made it worse by fumbling the customer service follow up.
Archive | Travel RSS feed for this section
Before 9/11 savvy travelers could load up with all kinds of “just in case” carry-on items. Here are suggestions from the morning of Sept. 11, 2001 in USA TODAY.
I currently drive a three year-old Mercury Mariner Hybrid with a factory-installed GPS navigation system. Just like its smaller and more portable GPS cousins, this built-in unit is a great tool to drive to my intended destinations and locate points of interest along the way, like restaurants and hotels. Since it’s built-in, it’s always powered [...]
Mike Beato combines expertise in creative website design, technical skills, information architecture, productivity and future thinking as a consultant, speaker and blogger.
- How to customize your outgoing Gmail email address
- Showing Mac OSX Lion Finder's Missing Status Bar
- How to create a custom iPhone web page icon
- DIY MobileMe Alternative for Syncing Contacts and Calendar
- How I Use All My Files in Mac OSX Lion
- How To Fix Outlook 2011 for Mac Slow IMAP Access
- How to Create a Mac OSX Lion Recovery Disk
- Super Simple 2-Hole Punch Filing System
- Window Zoom Shortcut for Mac Word 2011
- Beato.com - Technology consulting, social media expertise, creative solutions
Mike Beato (mikebeato)
Technology, innovation and communications consultant. Early adopter and promoter of productivity tools. Marathoner.